By Chandre Dharma-wardana
This is a hugely interdisciplinary e-book straddling physics and complicated structures equivalent to residing organisms. The presentation is from the point of view of physics, in a fashion available to these attracted to clinical wisdom built-in inside of its socio-cultural and philosophical backgrounds. key components of human figuring out, particularly physics and unsleeping advanced platforms, are provided in basic language. An non-compulsory technical presentation is usually given in parallel the place it truly is needed.
- Part I. the character of actual Law:
- A Bird's Eye View of Our Quest
- An Epistemic Hunt for clinical Truth
- The legislation of Nature and the Supremacy of Symmetry
- Maxwell's Magical Trinity — electrical energy, Magnetism and Light
- The thought of Relativity
- The Quantum international and 'Reality'
- Entanglement, size and Quantum Paradoxes
- Many Particle platforms and the Classical Limit
- Energy, Entropy and Emergent Properties
- Part II. complicated platforms and Consiousness:
- Bio-Molecules, the Sub-Slime of Astrochemistry
- The telephone because the easy Unit of Life
- Specialized Cells for Sight, perception, and Information
- Exotic, Quantum causes of Consciousness
- Addressing the Enigmatic Questions
Readership: common viewers with curiosity in physics and complicated platforms biology in addition to technological know-how academics.
Read or Download A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind PDF
Similar quantum theory books
A daring and all-embracing exploration of the character and growth of information from one among modern day nice thinkers. all through heritage, mankind has struggled to appreciate life's mysteries, from the mundane to the doubtless amazing. during this vital new ebook, David Deutsch, an award-winning pioneer within the box of quantum computation, argues that motives have a primary position within the universe.
Our Earth, Gaia, is altering. As contributors and as a civilization, we're being drawn right into a cosmic occasion whose breadth and intensity we will be able to not often think. Gaia is coming into a multidimensional shape, and we needs to switch, too, if we want to continue to exist this coming near near transformation. we're not dealing with the “end of the world,” yet relatively a basic swap within the surroundings that permits the additional evolution of nature and humankind at the Earth’s floor.
Protecting measurements provide an interesting strategy for measuring the wave functionality of a unmarried quantum procedure. With contributions from prime physicists and philosophers of physics - together with of the unique discoverers of this crucial strategy - this ebook explores the idea that of protecting size, investigating its huge purposes and deep implications.
The ebook offers a entire but concise creation to the physics of two-dimensional electron platforms within the quantum corridor regime, in addition to an up to date evaluation of the present fields of study in regards to the integer and fractional quantum corridor impact. The physics of two-dimensional electron platforms at low temperatures and excessive magnetic fields are ruled by way of the formation of discrete power degrees often called Landau degrees.
- Quantum Nonlocality and Reality: 50 Years of Bell's Theorem
- The Timeless Approach:Frontier Perspectives in 21st Century Physics (Series on the Foundations of Natural Science and Technology)
- Basics of Quantum Electrodynamics
- Quantum Teleportation and Entanglement: A Hybrid Approach to Optical Quantum Information Processing
- The Gyroverse: The Hidden Structure of the Universe
- Einstein, Bohr and the Quantum Dilemma: From Quantum Theory to Quantum Information
Extra resources for A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind
A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind by Chandre Dharma-wardana