By Linda Wagner-Martin
- The background of yank Literature from 1950 to the current offers a accomplished research of the wide variety of literary works that extends into the twenty first century
- Covers drama, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, technological know-how fiction, and detective novels
- Features dialogue of yank works in the context of such 21st-century matters as globalization, medication, gender, schooling, and different topics
Read or Download A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This pioneering booklet is the 1st English-language choice of educational articles on Jin Yong's works. It introduces a tremendous dissenting voice in chinese language literature to the English-speaking viewers. Jin Yong is hailed because the so much influential martial arts novelist in twentieth-century chinese language literary heritage.
Finished evaluate of the paintings of Indian novelist Amitav Ghosh. this can be the 1st selection of overseas scholarship at the fiction of Amitav Ghosh. Ghosh’s paintings is learn by way of a large viewers and is definitely seemed via common readers, critics, and students during the global. Born in India, Ghosh has lived in India, the uk, and the us.
The final fifty years have witnessed the starting to be pervasiveness of the determine of the map in severe, theoretical, and fictional discourse. References to mapping and cartography are endemic in poststructuralist concept, and, equally, geographically and culturally diversified authors of twentieth-century fiction appear fixated upon mapping.
This quantity brings John Milton's Paradise misplaced into discussion with the demanding situations of cosmology and the area of Galileo, whom Milton met and trendy: a universe encompassing area trip, an earth that participates vibrantly within the cosmic dance, and stars which are 'world[s] / Of destined habitation'.
- Dorothy Parker: Complete Broadway, 1918–1923
- Julien Green: Religion and Sensuality (Faux Titre 25) (Faux Titre, Vol 25)
- Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man: A Reference Guide (Greenwood Guides to Multicultural Literature)
- The Postcolonial Jane Austen: Postcolonial Mappings (Routledge Research in Postcolonial Literatures)
- Gender and the Poetics of Excess: Moments of Brocade
Extra resources for A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature)
A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) by Linda Wagner-Martin