By Shirley Chew,David Richards
- An critical advisor for a person looking an authoritative figuring out of the highbrow contexts of Postcolonialism, bringing jointly 10 unique essays from top overseas students together with C. L. Innes and Susan Bassnett
- Explains the guidelines and practises that emerged from the dismantling of eu empires
- Explores the ways that those principles and practices stimulated the period's keynote matters, reminiscent of race, tradition, and id; literary and cultural translations; and the politics of resistance
- Chapters disguise the fields of id reports, orality and literacy, nationalisms, feminism, anthropology and cultural feedback, the politics of rewriting, new geographies, publishing and advertising, translation studies.
- Features an invaluable Chronology of the interval, thorough common bibliography, and courses to additional reading
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This pioneering ebook is the 1st English-language choice of educational articles on Jin Yong's works. It introduces an incredible dissenting voice in chinese language literature to the English-speaking viewers. Jin Yong is hailed because the such a lot influential martial arts novelist in twentieth-century chinese language literary historical past.
Entire assessment of the paintings of Indian novelist Amitav Ghosh. this can be the 1st selection of overseas scholarship at the fiction of Amitav Ghosh. Ghosh’s paintings is learn by means of a large viewers and is easily looked via normal readers, critics, and students through the global. Born in India, Ghosh has lived in India, the uk, and the U.S..
The final fifty years have witnessed the becoming pervasiveness of the determine of the map in serious, theoretical, and fictional discourse. References to mapping and cartography are endemic in poststructuralist conception, and, equally, geographically and culturally varied authors of twentieth-century fiction appear fixated upon mapping.
This quantity brings John Milton's Paradise misplaced into discussion with the demanding situations of cosmology and the realm of Galileo, whom Milton met and fashionable: a universe encompassing area go back and forth, an earth that participates vibrantly within the cosmic dance, and stars which are 'world[s] / Of destined habitation'.
- Maria Cross: Imaginative Patterns in a Group of Catholic Writers
- The Problem of the Future World: W. E. B. Du Bois and the Race Concept at Midcentury
- Playing the Text, Performing the Future (Narrating Futures)
- Spivak and Postcolonialism: Exploring Allegations of Textuality
Additional resources for A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Shirley Chew,David Richards