By Stephen Arata,Madigan Haley,J. Paul Hunter,Jennifer Wicke
This number of authoritative essays represents the newest scholarship on subject matters with regards to the topics, events, and varieties of English fiction, whereas chronicling its improvement in Britain from the early 18th century to the current day.
- Comprises state of the art examine presently being undertaken within the box, incorporating the main salient serious traits and approaches
- Explores the heritage, evolution, genres, and narrative components of the English novel
- Considers the development of assorted literary kinds – together with such genres as realism, romance, Gothic, experimental fiction, and edition into film
- Includes assurance of narration, constitution, personality, and impact; shifts in serious reception to the English novel; and geographies of latest English fiction
- Features contributions from quite a few exotic and high-profile literary students, besides rising more youthful critics
- Includes a finished scholarly bibliography of serious works on and concerning the novel to help additional analyzing and research
Read or Download A Companion to the English Novel (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
This pioneering publication is the 1st English-language choice of educational articles on Jin Yong's works. It introduces an incredible dissenting voice in chinese language literature to the English-speaking viewers. Jin Yong is hailed because the so much influential martial arts novelist in twentieth-century chinese language literary background.
Complete evaluate of the paintings of Indian novelist Amitav Ghosh. this can be the 1st choice of overseas scholarship at the fiction of Amitav Ghosh. Ghosh’s paintings is learn via a large viewers and is definitely seemed by means of normal readers, critics, and students through the international. Born in India, Ghosh has lived in India, the uk, and the USA.
The final fifty years have witnessed the becoming pervasiveness of the determine of the map in serious, theoretical, and fictional discourse. References to mapping and cartography are endemic in poststructuralist concept, and, equally, geographically and culturally different authors of twentieth-century fiction appear fixated upon mapping.
This quantity brings John Milton's Paradise misplaced into discussion with the demanding situations of cosmology and the area of Galileo, whom Milton met and in demand: a universe encompassing area trip, an earth that participates vibrantly within the cosmic dance, and stars which are 'world[s] / Of destined habitation'.
- Performativity (The New Critical Idiom)
- Bioethics and Medical Issues in Literature (Exploring Social Issues through Literature)
- An argosy of fables
- Transatlantic Women (Becoming Modern: New Nineteenth-Century Studies)
- Cervantes' "Don Quixote" (The Open Yale Courses Series)
- Rereading Goethe, Rethinking Culture
Extra info for A Companion to the English Novel (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to the English Novel (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Stephen Arata,Madigan Haley,J. Paul Hunter,Jennifer Wicke