By Ali Behdad,Dominic Thomas
- Features over thirty unique essays from best foreign contributors
- Provides a severe review of the prestige of literary and cross-cultural inquiry
- Addresses the historical past, present nation, and way forward for comparative literature
- Chapters deal with such subject matters because the courting among translation and transnationalism, literary thought and rising media, the way forward for nationwide literatures in an period of globalization, gender and cultural formation throughout time, East-West cultural encounters, postcolonial and diaspora reports, and different experimental techniques to literature and culture
Read or Download A Companion to Comparative Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
This pioneering booklet is the 1st English-language number of educational articles on Jin Yong's works. It introduces a huge dissenting voice in chinese language literature to the English-speaking viewers. Jin Yong is hailed because the so much influential martial arts novelist in twentieth-century chinese language literary background.
Finished review of the paintings of Indian novelist Amitav Ghosh. this can be the 1st number of overseas scholarship at the fiction of Amitav Ghosh. Ghosh’s paintings is learn by way of a large viewers and is easily looked by means of normal readers, critics, and students in the course of the global. Born in India, Ghosh has lived in India, the uk, and the us.
The final fifty years have witnessed the becoming pervasiveness of the determine of the map in serious, theoretical, and fictional discourse. References to mapping and cartography are endemic in poststructuralist thought, and, equally, geographically and culturally different authors of twentieth-century fiction look fixated upon mapping.
This quantity brings John Milton's Paradise misplaced into discussion with the demanding situations of cosmology and the area of Galileo, whom Milton met and popular: a universe encompassing house trip, an earth that participates vibrantly within the cosmic dance, and stars which are 'world[s] / Of destined habitation'.
- Writing Englishness: An Introductory Sourcebook
- Proust, Beckett, and Narration
- Johnson's Milton
- Selected Letters of Robert Penn Warren: The "Southern Review" Years, 1935--1942 (Southern Literary Studies)
- Reassembling the Fragments: Voice and Identity in Caribbean Discourse
- Deconstruction for Linear Thinkers
Extra info for A Companion to Comparative Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Comparative Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Ali Behdad,Dominic Thomas